Apply the techniques needed to build VR applications for mobile and standalone head-mounted displays (HMDs) using the Unreal Engine. This book covers the entire VR ecosystem including production tools, Unreal engine, workflows, performance and optimization, and presents two fully-developed projects to reinforce what you’ve learned. Media designers, CG artists and other creatives will be able to take advantage of real-time engine techniques and easy-to-learn visual scripting logic to turn their creations into immersive and interactive VR worlds.
- Explore the VR ecosystem, including history, recent trends and future outlook
- Review tool set, graphics and animation pipeline (Blender, Zbrush, Substance Painter and others)
- Examine graphics optimization techniques
- Set up a project and the target platform
- Design interaction with Unreal blueprints
- Deployments, testing, further optimization