The Gourmet iOS Developer’s Cookbook offers a fresh banquet of delicious cutting-edge iOS programming recipes for projects both big and small. Renowned iOS programming expert Erica Sadun brings together reliable, proven code for creating today’s richest, most robust apps.
Sadun presents innovative ways to make the most of AVFoundation, Text Kit, animation, adaptive interface programming, and much more. As in all of her iOS best-sellers, this pragmatic guide translates modern best practices into working code, distilling key concepts into recipes you can understand and build on.
This is more than just cut-and-paste; using examples, Sadun offers a deep dive into the “how” and “why” of advanced iOS development. The code reflects iOS’s latest capabilities, and every chapter groups related tasks together, so you can jump straight to your solution.
• Providing advanced speech generation and barcode recognition features through AVFoundation
• Automatically updating app text presentation based on user preferences and expectations
• Extending rich, flexible text throughout your apps with UIKit and Text Kit
• Seamlessly migrating text designs between iOS screens and other destinations
• Generating attributed text strings from HTML sources
• Integrating real-world physics for exciting animations and interactions
• Creating better interfaces with dynamic animators–and overcoming their pitfalls
• Achieving greater visual impact with improved user alerts and popovers
• Implementing clever and compelling effects with non-rectangular views
• Building adaptive apps that gracefully respond to any iOS display, orientation, or screen
• Streamlining development with expert methods, functions, and techniques
• Exploring the core concepts you’ll need to migrate successfully to Swift