Learn how to define strategies for cloud adoption of your Oracle database landscape. Understand private cloud, public cloud, and hybrid cloud computing in order to successfully design and manage databases in the cloud.
The Cloud DBA-Oracle provides an overview of Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) that you can use in defining your cloud adoption strategy. In-depth details of various cloud service providers for Oracle database are given, including Oracle Cloud and Amazon Web Services (AWS). Database administration techniques relevant to hosting databases in the cloud are shown in the book as well as the technical details needed to perform all database administration tasks and activities, such as migration to the cloud, backup in the cloud, and new database setup in the cloud.
You will learn from real-world business cases and practical examples of administration of Oracle database in the cloud, highlighting the challenges faced and solutions implemented.What you will learn:
- Cloud computing concepts from the DBA perspective, such as private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud
- Technical details of all aspects of cloud database administration
- Challenges faced during setup of databases in private cloud or database migration to public cloud
- Key points to be kept in mind during database administration in the cloud
- Practical examples of successful Oracle database cloud migration and support