Breathe new life into older applications by refactoring T-SQL queries and code using modern techniques. This book shows you how to significantly improve the performance of older applications by finding common anti-patterns in T-SQL code, then rewriting those anti-patterns using new functionality that is supported in current versions of SQL Server, including SQL Server 2019. The focus moves through the different types of database objects and the code used to create them, discussing the limitations and anti-patterns commonly found for each object type in your database.
- Find specific areas in code to target for performance gains
- Identify pain points quickly and understand why they are problematic
- Rewrite legacy T-SQL to reduce or eliminate hidden performance issues
- Write modern code with an awareness of readability and maintainability
- Recognize and correlate T-SQL anti-patterns with techniques for better solutions
- Make a positive impact on application user experience in your organization