This book starts with the essentials of turning on the basic hardware. It provides the capability to interpret your commands and have your robot initiate actions. In this second edition, you will learn more specifics on how to use the Raspberry Pi’s GPIO pins to communicate with and control a wide range of additional hardware.
Teaching you to use the Raspberry Pi from scratch, this book will discuss a wide range of capabilities that can be achieved with it. These capabilities include voice recognition, human-like speech simulation, computer vision, motor control, GPS location, and wireless control. You will then learn how to combine these capabilities to create your own robotics projects. By the end of the book, you will be able to employ the Raspberry Pi to build some intricate and enthralling robotics projects with ease.
What You Will Learn
- Unbox, power-up, and configure Raspberry Pi with Ubuntu, a powerful version of Linux
- Exercise vision control in your projects to distinguish colors, patterns, or movements
- Apply and control speech software to enable your projects to speak
- Discover external hardware to enable your robotics projects to move
- Create complex robotics projects that can move, swim, or even fly
- Interact with your projects wirelessly so that they can be truly autonomous
- Use the GPIO to communicate with external sensors