RapidWeaver allows users with any level of expertise to build beautiful and professional looking websites. The novice user will love the drag and drop, what you see is what you get interface. The advanced users will love that they can get down and dirty with some code when they need to.
This book covers all aspects of developing a website with RapidWeaver. Whether you want a family website to display photos from your latest vacation or a small business that is looking to increase your web presence, this book has got you covered. If you have a Mac and want a website, you need this book.
This book dives into all the components required to build a website with RapidWeaver. The first half of this book builds upon itself and shows you all of the basic building blocks that you will need to develop great websites. It starts off with a basic tour of RapidWeaver and gets you building your first webpage in the first chapter. The book progresses onto how to customize the look and feel of your website with themes and adding simple webpages with text and images all the way to blogs and photo galleries.
The second half of the book dives into more advanced topics that can really help you take your websites to the next level. This includes e-commerce, blogs, managing web content outside of RapidWeaver, Search Engine Optimization and even a little programming. By the end of this book, you will have a solid foundation that will allow you to build powerful websites.
What will you learn from this book
- Getting RapidWeaver set up and your first webpage created quickly
- Customize the look and feel of your websites with themes
- Building webpages with basic content, contact forms, photo galleries, videos and more
- Use the Stacks Plugin for fluid drag and drop building of your webpages
- Creating a blog that can be managed from anywhere
- Turn your website into an e-commerce business and sell your products
- Build websites for clients that allow them to edit content online
- Getting your website indexed by the major search engines
- Adding your own custom code to your RapidWeaver projects
- Advanced topics like custom 404 pages, responsive web design, safari dev inspector and more