This book takes you from the initial installation of the connector through basic query execution, then through more advanced topics, error handing, and troubleshooting. The book covers both the traditional API as well as the new X DevAPI. The X DevAPI is part of MySQL 8.0 and is an API that can be used with connectors for several programming languages and is used from the command-line interface known as MySQL Shell. You will learn to use the connector by working through code examples and following a discussion of how the API calls work.
- Install MySQL Connector/Python
- Connect to MySQL and configure database access
- Execute SQL and NoSQL queries from your Python program
- Trap errors and troubleshoot problems
- Store data from different languages using MySQL’s character set support
- Work in the X DevAPI that underlies all of MySQL’s language connectors