If you know the basics of Visual Basic, you’re ready to learn to develop server-side web applications with ASP.NET…and that’s where this book comes in:
- Section 1 presents a quick-start course on ASP.NET Web Forms, Visual Studio tools, and the role of HTML5/CSS3…a course that works both for beginners and for experienced web developers who are new to ASP.NET
- Section 2 gives you the skills you need for every ASP.NET application you develop…like how to use the server controls, validate user entries, manage state, use master pages and themes, provide site navigation, and use friendly URLs
- Section 3 presents the skills you need for developing database-driven web sites at a professional level…including how to use SQL data sources, object data sources, and ASP.NET data controls like the GridView, DetailsView, FormView, and ListView controls
- Section 4 covers skills that enhance your professionalism…like how to develop secure web pages, authorize and authenticate users, send email, control the use of the Back button, and deploy finished applications
- Section 5 takes you to the next level by showing you how to use ASP.NET Ajax, how to develop WCF and Web API services, and how ASP.NET MVC programming differs from Web Forms programming
To make it easier for you to master ASP.NET, you get complete web applications…including the web forms, the aspx code, and the VB code…that show you how each feature works in context. (You can download these for free from the Murach web site.) You get chapter exercises that let you practice your new skills. And you get Murach’s distinctive “paired-pages” format that developers like because it saves both training and reference time.