Moodle is a very popular e-learning tool in universities and high schools. But what does it have to offer younger students who want a fun, interesting, interactive, and informative learning experience? Moodle empowers teachers to achieve all this and more and this book will show you how!
Moodle 2 For Teaching 7-14 Year Olds will show complete beginners in Moodle with no technical background how to make the most of its features to enhance the learning and teaching of children aged around 7-14. The book focuses on the unique needs of young learners to create a fun, interesting, interactive, and informative learning environment your students will want to go to day after day.
This is a practical book for teachers, written by a teacher with two decades of practical experience, latterly in using Moodle to motivate younger students. Learn how to put your lessons online in minutes; how to set creative homework that Moodle will mark for you and how to get your students working together to build up their knowledge. Throughout the book we will build a course from scratch, adaptable for ages 7 to 14, on Rivers and Flooding. You can adapt this to any topic, as Moodle lends itself to all subjects and ages.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up your lessons directly onto Moodle to save paper and effort
- Get your students doing homework on Moodle so you can grade and give feedback online
- Use Moodle to encourage discussion and decision-making
- Introduce your children to the world of blogging within the safety of Moodle
- Get interactive with self-marking games and quizzes by including images, sounds, and animations
- Make movies and sound recordings to inspire your class
- Learn how to make games that will please both the children’s need to play and your headteacher’s need for assessment grades
- Make the most of what’s free on the Web to get your children working and learning together