Video games have come a long way in the past 30 years; from classic consoles and arcade games to modern adventure games. Now you can recreate those experiences on the easily-configurable and efficient $35 Raspberry Pi Linux computer.
Instant Raspberry Pi Gaming will show you how to install, set up, and run various classic consoles, arcade systems, and modern adventure games on your Raspberry Pi device.
With Instant Raspberry Pi Gaming, you will start by configuring your SD card and selecting the games you wish to install before learning how to keep your machine up-to-date and running smoothly. You will learn how to install and play MAME, SNES, Atari 2600, and PlayStation emulators. You will also look at the different one-step installers available to make your gaming life easier. After that, you will play in the Open Arena, based on Quake 3, and then you can relax in the 3D sandbox of Minecraft. You will also learn how to find more games to install from the Raspberry Pi app store.
What you will learn from this book
- Install a Raspberry Pi operating system
- Set up PiMAME
- Install RetroPie
- Emulate PlayStation, SuperNES, MAME, and Atari 2600 games
- Create your own Minecraft world and extend it with the API
- Play in Open Arena matches with your friends
- Go on an adventure with Cave Story
- Fix common issues and troubleshoot your device
- Keep your Raspberry Pi up-to-date