Now updated for Cisco’s new ROUTE 300-101 exam, Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide is your Cisco® authorized learning tool for CCNP® or CCDP® preparation. Part of the Cisco Press Foundation Learning Series, it teaches you how to plan, configure, maintain, and scale a modern routed network.
Focusing on Cisco routers connected in LANs and WANs at medium-to-large network sites, the authors show how to select and implement Cisco IOS services for building scalable, routed networks. They examine basic network and routing protocol principles in detail; introduce both IPv4 and IPv6; fully review EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP; explore enterprise Internet connectivity; cover routing updates and path control; and present today’s router security best practices.
Each chapter opens with a list of topics that clearly identifies its focus. Each chapter ends with a summary of key concepts for quick study, as well as review questions to assess and reinforce your understanding. Throughout, configuration and verification output examples illustrate critical issues in network operation and troubleshooting.
This guide is ideal for all certification candidates who want to master all the topics covered on the ROUTE 300-101 exam.
* Serves as the official book for the newest version of the Cisco Networking Academy CCNP ROUTE course
* Includes all the content from the newest [email protected] ROUTE course and information on each of the ROUTE exam topics
* Compares basic routing protocol features and limitations
* Examines RIPv2 and RIPng
* Covers EIGRP operation and implementation for both IPv4 and IPv6
* Explores OSPFv2 implementation, and OSPFv3 for both IPv4 and IPv6
* Discusses network performance optimization via routing updates
* Introduces path control with Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF) switching, policy-based routing (PBR), and service level agreements (SLAs)
* Addresses enterprise Internet connectivity via single or redundant ISP connections
* Explains BGP terminology, concepts, operation, configuration, verification, and troubleshooting
* Covers securing the management plane of Cisco routers using authentication and other recommended practices
* Presents self-assessment review questions, chapter objectives, and summaries to facilitate effective studying