IBM SPSS Modeler is a data mining workbench that enables you to explore data, identify important relationships that you can leverage, and build predictive models quickly allowing your organization to base its decisions on hard data not hunches or guesswork.
IBM SPSS Modeler Cookbook takes you beyond the basics and shares the tips, the timesavers, and the workarounds that experts use to increase productivity and extract maximum value from data. The authors of this book are among the very best of these exponents, gurus who, in their brilliant and imaginative use of the tool, have pushed back the boundaries of applied analytics. By reading this book, you are learning from practitioners who have helped define the state of the art.
Follow the industry standard data mining process, gaining new skills at each stage, from loading data to integrating results into everyday business practices. Get a handle on the most efficient ways of extracting data from your own sources, preparing it for exploration and modeling. Master the best methods for building models that will perform well in the workplace.
Go beyond the basics and get the full power of your data mining workbench with this practical guide.
What you will learn from this book
- Use and understand the industry standard CRISP_DM process for data mining.
- Assemble data simply, quickly, and correctly using the full power of extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) tools.
- Control the amount of time you spend organizing and formatting your data.
- Develop predictive models that stand up to the demands of real-life applications.
- Take your modeling to the next level beyond default settings and learn the tips that the experts use.
- Learn why the best model is not always the most accurate one.
- Master deployment techniques that put your discoveries to work making the most of your business’ most critical resources.
- Challenge yourself with scripting for ultimate control and automation – it’s easier than you think!