IBM Cognos BI v10.2 is an advanced suite of business intelligence tools that empower a business with a wide range of capabilities to plan, design, develop, manage reports, analysis, and design dashboards to deliver effective business intelligence strategies. This book particularly focuses on understanding the administration aspects of managing a Cognos BI environment.
This fast-paced guide will provide you with practical hands-on experience of all the necessary features to administer an IBM Cognos environment. The book starts by providing you with a detailed explanation of administering the servers’ environment, managing content and creating a drill-through definition. Furthermore, this book will also help you to identify security features, perform logging and auditing, monitor performance, customize appearance of Cognos, and more to help make your Cognos environment secure and reliable.
The book introduces you to the new features of Cognos BI, to highlight the administrative capabilities offered by the latest release of the IBM Cognos 10 suite of BI tools. It then takes you through IBM Cognos BI’s architecture and components, while providing a detailed explanation of some of the core areas of Cognos BI Administration. The book gives practical explanations on implementing important features such as creating and deploying the drill-through feature, security system performance, maintain content, manage User profiles and User Interface Profiles, and so on. Indeed, IBM Cognos BI v10.2 Administration Essentials will be your essential guide to Cognos BI Administration.
What you will learn from this book
- Create and explore drill-through feature/definition
- Manage the IBM Cognos BI Server components
- Get to grips with Cognos Administration Portal
- Customize your Cognos environment.
- Troubleshoot issues with logging
- Use audit logs and reports with Cognos BI
- Explore various aspects of content auditing
- Get introduced to Cognos Mobile & Multi-tenancy, two of the key new features of IBM Cognos BI 10.2
- Identify tenancy information
- Understand the secure features, functionalities, and capabilities of IBM Cognos BI