Explore an alternative method of front-end application development without using frameworks or third-party libraries. This book provides you with the required skills and freedom to consider a “no framework” approach when choosing a technology for creating a new project.
You’ll work through the most important issues in a clear and sensible way, using practical methods and tools to gain an understanding of non-functional requirements. This book answers questions on important topics such as state management, making a routing system, creating a REST client using fetch, and reveals the trade-offs and risks associated with choosing the wrong framework or tool for your project, as well as providing sustainable, functional alternatives.
Frameworkless Front-End Development breaks down the concept of technical debt and the ways in which a framework can impact the lifespan of a project. Along with gaining a comprehensive and clear guide on coding effectively from scratch without frameworks, you will also learn some principles of technical decision-making.
What You’ll Learn
- Review how DOM manipulation works
- Manage the state of a front-end application with different patterns
- Safely migrate existing applications to a new framework or to frameworkless code
- Use decision-making tools such as a Framework Compass Chart and an Architectural Clash
- See how the choice of frameworks can affect the ‘health’ and lifespan of a codebase
Who This Book Is For