If you want to use Adobe Flex to build production-quality Rich Internet Applications for the enterprise, this groundbreaking book shows you exactly what’s required. You’ll learn efficient techniques and best practices, and compare several frameworks and tools available for RIA development — well beyond anything you’ll find in Flex tutorials and product documentation. Through many practical examples, the authors impart their considerable experience to help you overcome challenges during your project’s life cycle.
Enterprise Development with Flex also suggests proper tools and methodologies, guidelines for determining the skill sets required for the project, and much more.
- Choose among several frameworks to build Flex applications, including Cairngorm, PureMVC, Mate, and Clear Toolkit
- Apply selected design patterns with Flex
- Learn how to extend the Flex framework and build your own component library
- Develop a sample AIR application that automatically synchronizes local and remote databases to support your sales force
- Get solutions for leveraging AMF protocol and synchronizing Flex client data modifications with BlazeDS-based servers
- Determine the actual performance of your application and improve its efficiency