Through this practical and accessible guide, you will learn how to build mobile applications using ArcGIS Server from scratch. You will start by covering the differences between mobile web and traditional web development. Factors such as the range of devices, design and layout, functionality, and performance considerations all make mobile development unique.
Finishing with advanced topics and best practices such as ArcGIS online and PhoneGap, you will finish the book with a complete mobile application and a solid foundation to develop mobile ArcGIS apps.
What You Will Learn
- Set up your development environment and understand the key frameworks and tools needed to build mobile ArcGIS apps
- Add advanced tools to your base application including features such as address search
- Provide cross-device support via responsive design using the Bootstrap framework
- Integrate your mobile ArcGIS application with ArcGIS online
- Get acquainted with the entire process of creating mobile apps and integrating them with other platforms
- Create immersive and engrossing views and widgets
- Obtain fine-grained control to provide secure, reliable GIS services