Learn to create your own blog using the Jekyll static site generator. You’ll start with a simple template, add new features to it, automate any maintenance, attach social sharing, and begin writing. By the end of Creating Blogs with Jekyll, you will be able to create custom blogs with Jekyll, update the content with ease, and reach out to your readers with minimal effort. Because you’ve built your blog yourself, you’ll know exactly how each component works, and you won’t be dependent on an admin panel to maintain it.
Creating Blogs with Jekyll equips you with the knowledge to create an elegantly designed blog and scale it to capture more readers. Recapture the magic of writing by creating great content and use an easy workflow in Jekyll to maintain it for blogging. Do new things and write about them in style with Jekyll.
- Takes you through building a fully functional blog from scratch using Jekyll
- Provides a fun way to work on a side-project and integrate cutting edge web technologies
- Teaches you how to update and maintain your awesome blog
Jekyll is a simple, secure and very low maintenance blog engine that converts naturally written content in markdown into a beautiful and minimal blog. It allows you to focus on content creation and expressing yourself instead of spending all your time updating the plugins and maintaining the database. Jekyll does not rely on a database as a backend so your blog will be far more secure and reliable than any traditional blogging engines such as WordPress.
We live in a day and age where short attention spans make it very difficult to expose a reader to interesting content. What better way to capture a reader’s attention and retain viewers by captivating them by your own unique style and taste? Jekyll allows the content to shine with minimal distractions and a greater focus on the content and easy sharing of the content.
What You’ll Learn
- Choose a base theme appropriate for your style and development
- Integrate various web technologies that will work well together and enhance your blog
- Automate social sharing components and comments workflow
- Make adjustments to themes, views and styles of blog posts
- Update any of the modular components of the blog and integrate new technologies
- Implementing Jekyll and deploying static websites for future projects