A penetration test, also known as pentest, is a method of assessing computer and network security by replicating an attack on a computer system or network from the outside world and internal threats. With the increase of advanced hackers and threats to our virtual world, pentesting is an absolute necessity.
Building Virtual Pentesting Labs for Advanced Penetration Testing will teach you how to build your own labs and give you a proven process to test these labs; a process that is currently used in industry by global pentesting teams. You will also learn a systematic approach to professional security testing, building routers, firewalls, and web servers to hone your pentesting skills.
What you will learn from this book
* Build routers, firewalls, and web servers to hone your pentesting skills
* Deploy and then find the weaknesses in a firewall architecture
* Construct a layered architecture and perform a systematic process and methodology to use for conducting an external test
* Get introduced to several of the different security testing methodologies
* Design monitored environments and evade them
* Create complex architecture
* Bypass antivirus and other protection
* Practice methods of evasion against today’s top defenses
* Leverage the client configuration
Written in an easy-to-follow approach using hands-on examples, this book helps you create virtual environments for advanced penetration testing, enabling you to build a multi-layered architecture to include firewalls, IDS/IPS, web application firewalls, and endpoint protection, which is essential in the penetration testing world.
Who this book is written for
If you are a penetration tester, security consultant, security test engineer, or analyst who wants to practice and perfect penetration testing skills by building virtual pentesting labs in varying industry scenarios, this is the book for you. This book is ideal if you want to build and enhance your existing pentesting methods and skills. Basic knowledge of network security features is expected along with web application testing experience.