Build Java-based enterprise applications using the open source Eclipse Jakarta EE platform. This feature-packed book teaches you enterprise Java development top to bottom. It covers Java web-tier development using servlets, JavaServer Faces (JSF), RESTful applications, and JSON. You’ll also cover Java data-tier development using persistence and transaction handling, messaging services, remote procedure calls, concurrency, and security to round out a complete Java-based enterprise application.
Step by step and easy to follow, Beginning Jakarta EE includes many practical examples. Written by a Java expert and consultant, this book contains the best information possible on enterprise Java technologies. You’ll see that Jakarta EE is the next evolution of Java EE 8 and how it is one of the leading Java platforms for enterprise application development.
What You Will Learn
- Build enterprise Java applications using Jakarta EE
- Set up your development environment
- Create page-flow web applications with JSF
- Write single-page web applications with REST and JSON
- Persist data using JPA in Jakarta EE
- Build enterprise Java modules using EJBs and CDI
- Work with transaction engines using JTA
- Secure, log, and monitor your Jakarta EE applications
Who This Book Is For
Beginning Java EE application developers with some experience of Java 8.