Use this book to write an Ethereum Blockchain Smart Contract, test it, deploy it, and create a web application to interact with your smart contract.
Beginning Ethereum Smart Contracts Programming is your fastest and most efficient means of getting started if you are unsure where to begin and how to connect to the Ethereum Blockchain. The book begins with a foundational discussion of blockchain and the motivation behind it. From there, you will get up close and personal with the Ethereum Blockchain, learning how to use an Ethereum client (geth) to connect to the Ethereum Blockchain to perform transactions such as sending Ethers to another account.
You will learn about smart contracts without having to wade through tons of documentation. Author Lee’s “learn-by-doing” approach will allow you to be productive and feel confident in your ability in no time. The last part of this book covers tokens, a topic that has taken the cryptocurrency market by storm.
What You’ll Learn
- Understand the basic premise of blockchain and “record keeping” in a peer-to-peer network
- Experience blockchain in action by creating your own blockchain using Python
- Know the foundation of smart contracts programming and how to deploy and test smart contracts
- Work on a case study to illustrate the use of blockchain
- Be familiar with tokens, and how to create and launch your own ICO digital token
- Write smart contracts that transact using tokens
Who This Book Is For