AutoCAD is the leading software tool for creating technical and architectural drawings, but it definitely doesn’t lead in the “easy to master” category. That’s why there’s AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies—the perfect way to break a complex topic into bite-size, easy-to-understand pieces.
Once you get the hang of using AutoCAD and its slightly less feature-rich cousin, AutoCAD LT, you discover that it offers wonderful advantages. AutoCAD allows you to
- Create precision to 14 significant digits
- Re-use portions of your drawings by copying and pasting
- Draw things full size and print your drawings in any scale
- Produce drawings that are easier to read when reduced
- Electronically share and distribute drawings
- Design in 2D or 3D