ArchiCAD 19 – The Definitive Guide ensures that you are equipped with the knowledge and skills required to take up any construction project, empowering you to successfully create your own projects.
You will create two complete projects right from scratch, including a residential and a healthcare building. The first is a small residential house that utilizes all the basic modeling and drafting tools in ArchiCAD. It will give you a firm grip on the fundamentals of ArchiCAD before we move on to take up the more advanced and complex project that follows. The second project is a multi-storey healthcare building, where you will explore the leading-edge tools of ArchiCAD, thereby gaining the skills needed to use them in your own projects. The book will also take you through the design of the buildings, the output of all drawings, and associated construction documents. Best practice tips are inserted at key points along the way.
What You Will Learn
- Acquaint yourself with various project settings
- Explore a wide range of selection methods and modification features
- Create the walls, floor slabs, ceilings, and roofs of the residential and the commercial building
- Use the drafting and annotation tools
- Make objects and modify them to suit your needs
- Master view creation and graphic control
- Link and export files and discover the fundamentals of rendering